Thursday 8 October 2009

Anniversary Cookies


Today I have been 'Mrs Gorrod' for 10 happy years. A lot of life-changing events have happened during the last decade; a few of them sad, some challenging, but mostly very happy such as the arrival of our two beautiful children - something that can never be beaten!

Ten years on our life seems in someways many miles removed from our carefree life a decade ago. What with work deadlines, school runs and the constant washing of babygrows, time together is normally spent discussing 'To Do' lists over a coffee at the breakfast table. Tonight however we'll be getting in a takeaway - my, we know how to live! To me though timeout from cooking is really is a treat ....

With no time, energy or imagination to go present shopping, I did what was natural to me, and baked (with love) some orange and white chocolate cookies for Mr G. Who was it that said the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? That said, it certainly is the case for some women too, me included!

No comments:

Post a Comment